What is great about NZPCN?
- Information is provided on every native plant species in New Zealand and each species page is linked to more information and tools including distribution maps and phenology information
- The Trilepidea newsletter is really interesting and informative. You can receive it as a paid-up member or find it online
- The forum provides access to a community of knowledgeable people who can answer your plant questions
What is great about NatureWatch NZ?
- It is a large and growing source of information on all sorts of lifeforms in NZ
- You can easily sign up and start making contributions and then get to know others who are interested in your favourite critters
- The information can be viewed in lots of different ways including by place, species, users and projects or through specific guides
"This site provides access to information on plant taxa that occur in New Zealand. The site combines data from the New Zealand Plant Names Database and the Allan Herbarium Specimen database – providing access to information on the scientific and vernacular names, distribution and collection data, keys, descriptions and images. It currently includes the data for the seed plants, mosses, liverworts, lichens and freshwater algae."
The database can be searched by name, collection, description, image and literature. This is a good site for keeping up with botanical name changes.
The website has information from the latest Flora of NZ books and is steadily being updated with our latest understandings.
I hope these are useful links. If I've left any key resources out please let me know through the comment function.